Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tryin' to be honest

After re-reading my previous entry I realize that it sounds hollow and trite, because I've been editing myself again. What an ongoing battle that is, to be honest in your own journal. Unconsciously trying to be PC, upbeat and happy... leaving out key scenes and issues. What a crock! D and I were fighting on and off all weekend, primarily about dinner of all things. Somebody's been slacking on dinner duty after over-cooking a turkey the day before Thanksgiving. I feel no pity for the turkey incident because I've told him again and again, that you have to use a timer when cooking, or else a thermometer, or else check on it constantly. You can't just leave the bird in the oven and watch Star Wars. Anyways, I made spaghetti last night and refused to let him have any until he apoligized for skiving off dinner 4 nights in a row and promised to do right this week, or else have a day-old Starbucks sandwich from the fridge for dinner. My spaghetti is a powerful motivator, and the garlic bread didn't hurt either. :) So that should be all right now.

Everybody at work is sick with the same thing, some kind of virus that resides in the throat. I've been losing my voice for a week now, which was kind of sexy at first but it getting annoying. other symptoms include sinus-y headaches and sore throat. I think that our building is one of those that encourages illness, especially with the heat being turned on. must....drink...tea....

We had a bank-wide conversation about birth control yesterday that was quite enlightening. It turns out that I'm not the only one not on anything at all, but the whole thing was weird in a girls-only kind of way; asking everybody that walked into the back room, "hey, what do you use?" It also turns out that I'm not the only girl that hates the Pill and all the wierd stuff that it does to you.

On a brighter note, I can't wait to see Pride and Prejudice! At first I wasn't looking forward to it because I thought they'd cast Winona Ryder as Elizabeth and I can't stand her, but it's actually Kiera Knightley, who's ok! Makes sense actually because Winona would be far too old by now to play that role. D actually asked me if I'd read that book....I just stared at him. Guess he hasn't seen my favorites list, but honestly. I've read bits of it out to him because it's so funny. This reinforces the vague idea that I had about him zoning out when I talk about books. I couldn't do my blog last night because I've decided to reread the book in preparation for the movie coming out. (And no, I didn't finish it last night.)

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Brilliant. Best love story ever, really; my favorite. I can't wait to see it! Maybe this weekend or something.

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

--- are you making fun of me?
;)

Mara said...

By "good fortune" Austin means independently wealthy, with estates, etc., so no...

But it is still true, right?

Please don't say you've never read P&P.