Friday, December 02, 2005

Ramblin' on....

Yesterday was a really awful day at the bank, full of mistakes, hecticicity and general ickyness due to the basic incompetence of our assistant manager. Nice person, bad manager. Bleargh. D made it all better though, by taking me to our favorite restaurant. Italian food and wine... they'll fix any problem, right? I felt so warm and loved and fuzzy. That was probably the (single glass of) wine though. What can I say, I'm a cheap date! Note to self, start drinking more. D also spent the night in what I now think of as "my" bed, which was so nice.

Today was also long and busy, working open to close. It looks like that will be my shift most of the month, 8:45 to 6:30 or so. It doesn't sound long but dealing with the public makes it seem longer. My shoulders have been killing me lately, I don't know what to do about it. Tonight I tried some yoga and general stretching which felt good, but I don't think it really helped....I need a rubdown in the worst way. Youch.

Our apartment complex is raising the rent on us, about 80 more a month. Do we stay? Do we move? The bastards, we aren't exactly swimming in extra dough, more like just squeaking by what with D's new medical bills et cetera. Does this ever get easy? I feel like between us me make plenty of money on paper but with the child support, health insurance, taxes and all the rest we don't have so much to actually live on. Now I feel like they might actually deserve what we've done to the carpet...

Alice seems to have gotten the turkey carcass out of the trash where D forgot and left it (bad D! bad!) and had really bad, really messy craps all over the dining room. The clean up was rough. Just....rough. I almost ralphed, myself. If there's anyone out there who thinks, "dogs are so fun! I should get one!", just know that eventually you'll have to clean liquid dog poo out of carpet. Very fun. That was all on Wednesday evening. The worst bit is that I didn't figure out that it was Alice for awhile but assumed it was my sister's puppy (Cocomo) who was also there so I yelled at her big-time and made her cower in the corner. Whoops. Oh well, she deserves all the yelling I can dish out, I guess.

And now to bed, so that I can face tomorrow too....

No comments: