Thursday, December 15, 2005

Democrats are sexy!

Who ever heard of a nice piece of elephant?

Hehehe. Yeah. The other day I saw the greatest bumper sticker at the movie theater. It said something to the effect of:

"Ladies Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Guild"

in very swirly script. Love it. Today I am the Queen of Cookies. Cookies cover my kitchen and my dining room; cookies on plates, on trays, on racks. Peanut-butter-kiss cookies and crispy sugar cookies. I made maybe even too many cookies; I ran out of steam and the gingerbread dough is still in the fridge. My coworkers will love me tomorrow as I am bringing lots of cookies to work. Even though I'm not sure they deserve cookies at all, it is the "holiday season", whatever that has come to mean.

Making all the cookies was cathartic, or maybe it was just having a day off; I feel ok about having to go back tommorow. I can handle it. I decided today that my main goal for the new year is going to be a better job, and one not in customer service. Something that requires a bachelor's degree and more than a little intelligence. Preferably something within the bank, for what's the point of working for such a big, powerful company if not to move up and around within the ranks and divisions? I'm tired of being a foot-soldier, because let's face it; I should be doing better than this. I'm being lazy and chicken staying so long in this position. Job-hunting sucks, but so does doing something so un-demanding, something that under-utilizes all of my abilities, something paying less than 10 an hour... So, here's to next year! I feel optimistic about it because last year my goal was to get my finances in order and I did a good job with it.

Also:

Unicorn Banner
You're a unicorn. You're very pure and innocent.
Almost everyone loves you and you love almost
everyone. You may be naive to the point of
gullibility. You're pretty much incapable of
violence, the exception being when someone you
love is threatened. While your intentions are
nothing but good, some might call you a
"straight-edger." Your alignment is
EXTREMELY *good*.


What mythical beast are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


I think it was choosing classical music that did it...

6 comments:

Benjamin said...

I am a dragon.

"You're a dragon. You're smart and cunning, and enjoy taking risks. Your need for independence is an advantage, but sometimes it alienates you from others. As far as 'good' and 'evil', you're pretty neutral - but you may have something of a wicked streak."

Mara said...

Damn, that's so much more interesting than my super-pure unicorn.

Benjamin said...

Okay, now it's my turn:

UPDATE!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

lol I got unicorn too.

It may have been the classical music because I chose that and pop (J-pop wasn't an option)^_^

Mara said...

yeah, their musical options were quite limited. Nice to know a fellow unicorn though!

Mara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.