Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Old friends

I just had dinner with some old college friends and their little circle...so full. Backstory here; Kristen and Eddie and I were very close friends from our first semester at UTD, along with a few others, Kay, Shamita, Pen, etc. Naturally we all spread apart during college and after, and I may have spread the furthest by hooking up with D and moving with him to Vermont. And, I have never had the money or time to go on vacation with them, which they've done a lot over the years. Kristen still has a very tight circle of friends mainly from that era and they're fun to go out with sometimes, even though she's the only one I really know. Eddie has been away in west Texas going to med school and is back for the holidays, so it was like old times, except for the fact that Kristen is working on her PhD, Eddie is in rotation at med school, and I....am working at the bank. Ah well. No friends like old friends, as they say. Eddie's evened out a lot since the old days, which is why I wish D would meet him again. For some reason he really took against him at their first meeting (which was about 5 years ago now), deciding that Eddie was a major pussy among other things. D tends to make snap decisions about people like that, which can be annoying and inconvenient. He ought to realize that I wouldn't maintain a 5-year friendship with someone unless they were worth knowing, which Eddie is. hmm. Circular thoughts happening now, must hang up.

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Maybe D and Eddie just have bad chemistry. At least he liked me, but most people do. Incidentally, Dan "Latte Thunder" met your little sister at a Starbucks and thinks she's (quote) "a hottie"...

Mara said...

well, you're not afraid of cats. As for KK, I heard about their meeting from her already. And believe me, I don't need Dan to tell me that, I already know that all guys think she's a hottie. :)