Monday, September 05, 2005

Weekend-end Blues

So, the barbeque was a little weird, but not too bad. It turned out that it was more my co-worker's husband's party, with all the wives and girlfriends inside chatting and them outside drinking. But their conversation seemed to be in Spanish and as D didn't know a one of them anyways, he ended up inside with me, at the girl's table. None of them really knew each other which was good for me. (because I didn't know them either)

The whole thing made me realize that in the past, I've always been in the guy's circle, playing poker or discussing arcane things or whatever. Never only with other girls... Maybe it's the whole couple-party thing, instead of normal single people, I don't know.

I hate that Sunday-night depressed feeling about the weekend being over. Back to work and all. I even like my job and I still feel like that. I don't know why, it just looms over me. But, I made a really good dinner tonight--brisket, mashed potatoes, cabbage, carrots. Irish-style. There's nothing like mashed potatoes from scratch to cheer one up, is there?

No comments: