Sunday, September 04, 2005

Barbeque anxiety

I have to go to a barbeque tonight. This may not seem bad, but then you aren’t me. One of the new girls at work is having it out at her house, which is a good half-hour away from us. I mean, she has chickens and goats—clearly not the suburbs…
I don’t know if anybody else from work is going to go, but I said that I would come, and bring D too. So I might not know anybody there except him and the host. Did I mention earlier, Mara= introverted and shy? I hate not knowing people at a party. Or BBQ. Whatever. This girl that I work with, she’s very insecure and a little needy, always asking if she’s doing things right and constantly apologizing for everything. To the manager, to us, to the customers…she’s the type who if she bumped into a wall, would probably apologize to it. The thing is that if someone is continually saying “I’m sorry” then it forces you to say, “Don’t worry about it.” Or, “It’s ok, it’s my job to help you, you’re new.” Or “we all start at the beginning, blah, blah, blah.”
Sometimes, I don’t feel like saying polite nice things, I just want to figure out where her money went, find it, and get back to my own window. (We work in a bank, hereby to be known as Global Dominion Bank)
So you can see why I have to go to the party, because what if nobody else from the bank goes? She’s already got an inferiority complex, she’ll think nobody likes her when in reality she lives really far away and it is 100 degrees outside.

On the plus side, I got a great idea from going to the Plano Quilt Show with my mom. (If you like to make quilts, then the shows are great, otherwise it’s a torture chamber…or so I’m told.) There was a quilt there make from vintage Rock tee-shirts, like The Who, The Doors, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Jimi Hendrix…it was such a cool quilt! I thought, it’d be so cool to make a quilt that really expresses my interests…like Harry Potter!! I’m going to make a Harry Potter quilt! Right after I make the one that’s in the pipeline now, with houses on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Benjamin said...

Also, I would love to see a Harry Potter quilt someday. Please make sure to reserve a patch for Gilderoy!

Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.