Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Costume Fiasco

ARGH. I'm having the worst luck with costume stuff. I might as well spill it now; my original idea was to dye my hair red and be Lily Potter. But my hair is apparently impervious to red dye; I followed all the instructions and it's still resolutely brown. Poor D--he was really looking foward to me as a redhead. Almost indecently so, come to think of it. So, I'm having an 11th-hour costume change that involved a long trek around the mall collecting the stuff I need. I hate the mall. Hate it. Plan B should be pretty cute though. D is definitely a dementor now. We fixed the face problem and I'm sewing the robe up tonight.

This week is going by very fast. Vacation time should be slower I think.

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

Oh, sweetheart, I'm sorry the hair-dye didn't work out. But, once again, I'm curious about your last minute costume change. Who WILL you be? And I'm glad D's dementor worked out. Hope he doesn't have any trouble guzzling butterbeer. Have you tried silver hair-dye? You would make a wonderful Veela!

Mara said...

Because of my scary beak and wings and talons? I didn't know you were aware of those...

Anonymous said...

your hair's quite dark darlin' You'd need to lighten it first then go red, the smell of that much hair chemical is enough to make D move out however.
Take pictures! I wanna see you all costumed up.

:)
Bex