Friday, February 15, 2008

Overlooking the Obvious

Detail-oriented, yes. Reasonably well-educated and well-read, yes. Blessed with abundant common sense? Unfortunately, no.

Ever since getting the positive test, I have been trying to find out what exactly about early pregnancy could make a woman's legs sore. Everything from my waist down-- lower back, legs, and feet-- have been sore and achy lately; like they need a good stretch and rub-down. Nothing I read attributes this to being pregnant, and I was just stumped.

Finally, I realized that I've been walking perhaps three times as much as usual, and in heavy hiking boots. Two weeks ago, I decided to tackle the inching numbers on the scale by walking with Alice every single day, instead of just the mornings it was convenient for me. So far it has worked out pretty well. There was the day it started raining icy rain down on us, which sucked a little; and yesterday, when we got all the way to the coffee house and it wasn't open, so we had to walk all the way back sans mocha. That mocha really makes the walk, you know? (Turned out that the cafe opener's alarm clock didn't go off.) But we've walked to the coffee place and back every morning since last Monday; that's 12 consecutive days of walking, which my legs definitely aren't used to. Somehow, getting knocked up just drove everything else out of my head. This morning I thought to weight myself and I'm actually down some pounds.

On the bright side, at least it doesn't indicate that something's wrong, which is always my first guess.

4 comments:

ayla said...

So, your RSS feed didn't update with some of your posts, and I totally missed your BFP!!!! Congratulations! I'm sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes!!!

Mara said...

Thank you!!

Mara said...

I didn't know I had an RSS feed...

ayla said...

Yeah, I think it's a default option on blogger, so when you post a new entry, the title of it shows up in my feed reader (I use Firefox bookmarks). If you don't put a title on your entry, though, then it doesn't show up on the feed. No biggie, unless you don't want it.