Saturday, February 04, 2006

Update

1. Work was better on Friday; I had to leave really early or else get overtime, so I had a free afternoon which was nice. I also had a quarterly employee review in which I did really well, and got a lot of kudos for how I did on Wednesday. "You made some really good decisions", "you weren't afraid to jump in and take over the situation" etc etc. As I predicted in an earlier post, my boss is happy that I've taken over all of the bulletin boards and stuff in the backroom ("taking initiative") but I told her that I have to know what needs to be done before I can "show initiative" and do it. A giant out-of-date white-board staring me in the face is one thing, but how can I take on more responsibility if I don't know what needs to be done?

2. Grandma is apparently in stable condition, they aren't going to have to operate or anything like that. She can't eat yet but when she can they'll move her out if IC and into a regular room.

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

Sounds like you're making an impression at work. Maybe, with your rival's recent no-call no-show, they'll start to understand who is better qualified for the position you seek.

I'm glad to hear your grandmother is doing better.

Benjamin said...

Are there any manuals you can read?
re: taking on more responsibilities at work