Monday, August 20, 2007

Green Tea, Green Sweater

Well, it is just poison ivy, after all. Which is better than a mysterious infection. But boy does it itch. And itch. And itch. I'm groggy from all the Benedryl last night as I had to take another dose around two in the morning-- couldn't sleep with all the itchy. When I get home from work, I need to gather the damp towels, re-wash them, and take them to the laundromat to dry. Fun evening, right?

On the bright side, the weather is acting unseasonably autumnal; it's cool, grey and breezy with threatening storms every so often, and I got to wear my new green sweater. I love fall. And sweaters. And drinking hot beverages when it's nippy out. OK, so maybe mid-sixties isn't really nippy, but after the 90-degree heat for so many weeks it feels downright chilly to me.
Lately, I hate all my clothes and wish that I had the money and time to get new stuff. I've never really been into clothes or fashion, so I'm kind of wondering what this is really about. Why a sudden desire for pretty things when I generally don't pay that much attention to what I'm wearing? Maybe it represents my boredom with other aspects of my life; my job, probably. Something nice and shiny-new while everything else remains stagnant. Maybe it's just me wanting to have some modicum of control over something for once, since my reproductive system is so maddeningly beyond reach? Perhaps I was secretly looking forward to buying cute maternity clothes. Either which way, I want a new skirt. And some boots. And jeans. And a jacket. Too bad I'm so broke, ha. Old Navy is meant for folks like me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mara,
Try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the poison ivy. It's supposed to help dry out the rash and make it less itchy.

Feel better soon!
:)
Mindi (from the MDC boards)