Monday, April 12, 2010

What Don did this weekend

In order to finish the Retaining Wall in Ditch project, as well as finish filling the raised beds with topsoil, Don rented a tractor. Lucky I'm not the jealous type, because I think it was love at first sight. (I now pronounce you Man and Kubota?) He spent the weekend moving dirt and building walls, grumbling something about starting projects you can't finish grr grr grr, while Robert and I stayed in our nice, air-conditioned house and took pictures.

In this picture, he has either just conquered the gravel pile or is auditioning for a Captain Morgan commercial, I can't remember. Does he have a little captain in him? Why no, he is filled with Magic Hat!

After his typical, seventy-hour workweek and two days laboring in the backyard, he re-built this raised bed for me. I think he really does love me. You can kind of see the arrangement of the two walls filling the ditch in this picture. We still need more back-fill behind the taller one, and each wall still needs the row of capstones that finishes it, but otherwise, mission accomplished. In between the two walls I'm going to plant strawberries, and the bed that Don is working on is going to be raspberries. I guess it's the fruity end of the yard.


In other news, I cleared out the tiny closet, have the fridge half done, and other small accomplishments crossed off The List. Robert can suddenly hardly get enough to eat; I'm feeding him every few hours around the clock. Big people-food meals during the day, breastfeeding in between times, and he still wants to nurse several times during the night. He even ate the green beans that he refused a few weeks ago. (Not the same ones, of course, but the other half of a two-pack.) I think he's going through a growth spurt. According to our scale, he is now 25.5 pounds. He understands the words for 'dragon' and 'dog', as in 'where's the ___?'; likes to imitate sounds, facial expression, and movements; and has started creeping along the furniture when he pulls himself up to standing. I guess it's a growth AND development spurt, really. At lunchtime I was blowing on each bite for him, and when I offered him a bite, he tried to blow on it too. SO cute.

...because it's not a blog post without the obligatory baby picture!

12 comments:

Alva said...

sac louis vuitton 2012
sac louis vuitton rouge
sac louis vuitton vin rouge
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures a talon haut louis vuitton
portefeuille louis vuitton
lunettes de soleil louis vuitton
sac louis vuitton 2012

Town Medical Services said...

Great! I have bookmarked it for revisit, we are an NGO in Pakistan for poor families.please support us.

internet marketing blog said...

Adorable kid! :)

Idrees Khan said...

Classified sites
What an awesome post it is thanks for share.

Custom Pins and Buttons said...

I have search your site from bing, its very up to dated and a good source of information.

Military Challenge Coins said...

It is one of the finest post shared by you thanks a lot dude.

Equity Tips said...

Hello ! I must tell you the blog post is really good. It is very informative. I want to mention one thing that I like the way you write the post to the point. I really appreciate and keep writing!

freelance jobs said...

I always liked your articles! forward to continuing!!!!!!

essay writing uk said...

I think this is really a very nice post. Thanks for the great content!!!

http://needwriting.com/ said...

Je vous remercie. très intéressant.Merci pour l'info!!

essay2review said...

Dziękuję. bardzo ciekawe .Dzięki za info!!

writing an assignment said...

Oh it's just indescribably wonderful what you wrote))) Nothing I've seen so far not!!