Thursday, September 06, 2007

Quickie

My job has changed substantially in the last few weeks. On the one hand, it's great to be doing something different, learning new things, having more responsibility. I might even get a little promotion and raise out of the deal. On the other, though, my time spent on the Internet is greatly decreased. I am lucky this week if I get a lunch break and a chance to pee, much less check my email or update the blog. Does it show? So this is what online-life is like for those folks who can't do it from their work-place...


Weekend in Texas = absolutely wonderful; it was exactly what I needed. A great big THANK YOU to everyone who made time for me, took me out, had me over, introduced me to new people, made me scrambled eggs every morning... ya'll know who you are. OK, the last was my dad who doesn't read this, so he doesn't. Still. My batteries, they are recharged.

5 comments:

AuntSally said...

Mara, Sorry I missed YOU last Sunday. I'm doing better now. Send me your address so I can send you some sweaters, that is, if you would like them. Hope to hear from you soon. And I'm glad you had such a good time back in good old Big D. And how about that son of mine,Chris? I think he's a terrific performer. Of course, I would.

duernbergersally@yahoo.com

Benjamin said...

It was great to see you, Mara! We had fun! The drinking, the brawling, the night in jail! It was just old times!

Mara said...

Wow, it's amazing how much I don't remember about that!

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to see you and spend some time. Thank you for coming to our place and not mentioning the fun smell per our cats of doom. :)

Bex said...

I'm still waiting to see you . . .oh wait, I don't live in Texas.