Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hobbit House

If wanting to live in a hobbit hole is wrong, then I don't want to be right...
I bought this magazine for Don just on the strength of the back cover. It made me dig out my big ol' graph-paper pad and pencils and start sketching floorplans for the first time in months. Now, if only that lottery ticket that he's bringing me tonight would have the winning numbers, we'd be all set.






Ben, the next time you're at work, find this month's issue of Fine Homebuilding, and turn it to the back cover... you will love it.

It's not the round windows and doors; it's the size, the woodwork, the stone, the gardens, the detail. I'm not sure I could relate to some very rich person who had this built to house his J.R.R. Tolkien collection, but I'd sure love to talk to the builder...


1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Ooooh. I want one, too, as long as it's built to human proportions and not for little hobbits. That's an amazing house!