Friday, December 05, 2008

Annual Christmas Music Rant

1. What were they doing, out in that isolated meadow, to prompt the parson to ask whether they are married?

2. Since when are "scary ghost stories" a traditional part of Christmas? Scary ghost stories belong to Halloween. Halloween is in October.

3. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" = ... so stay here and we can HAVE (scandalous) SEX to warm up! (Always the family-friendly Holiday Message you want to play!)

4. "Santa, Baby" is disturbing enough when sung by a female vocalist; the dude's version just creeps me out.

5. Although I really do love "The 12 Days of Christmas", the idea of giving people as gifts is also faintly disturbing. Speaking of which, I can't be the only person that always has to insert the Muppet-version, "Ba dum dum DUM" before falling into "four calling birds", can I?

4 comments:

Bex said...

3. Guy "Baby it's cold outside"
Girl "hey what's in this drink?"
Guy "Baby it's cold outside"

It sounds to me like he's drugging her. It's a song about date rape.

Mara said...

Could be. I actually like the song well enough, just think it's kinda racy for a "family holiday". Hearing it in stores and at the bank makes me laugh.

It's like, song about snow, song about figgy pudding... song about sex and seduction. All on the same disc.

Anonymous said...

I love you with pretty much all of my heart. But no fair making me pee my pants at work.


SNORT, SNORT, SNORT!!!

Jody said...

LOL on #1!!!! Yes, what WERE they doing?